Our client solves critical transportation challenges and makes transport freedom a reality for 620 million people in Southeast Asia. They are focused on pioneering new commuting alternatives for drivers and passengers with an emphasis on speed, safety and reliability. The Company currently offers services in Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam.
Our production scale is massive. We process millions of bookings a day and billions of traffic data points per month. When you push out new code, tons of people will see your changes within seconds. Operating on this level is hard but incredibly rewarding.
As a leader in an exciting and fast-paced industry that is evolving daily, we are seeking talented Engineers to join our team! You will specialize in maintaining elegant products on world-class technologies that bring our unique On-Demand Transport experience to millions of people, anytime and anywhere.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 3+ years of experience in commercial software development in large distributed systems
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and asynchronous architectures
- Familiarity with running web services at scale; understanding of systems internals and networking are a plus
- Strong understanding of system performance and scaling
- Possess excellent communication, sharp analytical abilities with proven design skills, able to think critically of the current system in terms of growth and stability
- Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of services
- Designing, enhancing and building out new features and services
- Work with engineering team to create new design/architectures geared towards scale and performance
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- Engage in service capacity and demand planning, software performance analysis, tuning and optimization
- Work with product and experience teams to define and prototype feature specifications
- Work with infrastructure team in building and scaling back-end services as well as performing root cause analysis investigations