Our Client is looking for a Developer Support Technical Author who is a developer support engineering role with a focus on authoring and editing technical communications. This effort will support software developers within and outside the company.
Create technical communications for a developer audience by:
- Authoring written material from scratch working with other developer support engineers.
- Editing written material authored by other developer support engineers.
- Verifying the technical accuracy existing written materials, working closely with subject matter experts as appropriate.
- Adjusting the above efforts appropriately according to project goals and schedule constraints.
Curate new and existing technical content by:
- Working with the Technical Communications team to classify technical material appropriately, following consistent editorial standards.
- Organizing and prioritizing content to meet audience needs.
- Drawing audience attention to especially useful information that might otherwise be hidden.
- Identifying and creating links across technical content to improve information access.
Work with Developer Support engineers to create communications such as weekly bulletins, notifications, blurbs and surveys, disseminated via various media such as our developer portal, email, and forums
Minimum Job Qualifications
- PEOPLE: Skilled, personable, and professional in interactions with subject matter experts and other colleagues.
- Experienced with common developer-support workflows and practices.
- Highly skilled in written communication of technical information.
- Skilled in organization, research, and time management.
- Thoroughly comfortable with computer programming languages and methodologies.
- Able to read C and C++ code snippets and clearly explain their operation.
- Able to write C and C++ sample programs.
- Able to understand and follow technical discussions and materials.
- Familiarity with (or aptitude for) one or more relevant technologies, such as low-level hardware architecture, GPUs and graphics, networks, web APIs, client/server architecture etc.
- Familiar with content management and version control systems.
- PLANNING/IMPLEMENTATION: Skilled and experienced with project schedule estimation and planning.
Required Experience / Education:
- At least 5 years' experience in developer support roles.
Desired Experience / Education:
- Awareness of the processes and teams involved in developing console applications, and the technological knowledge of each.
- Experience writing technical customer surveys using tools such as Qualtrics.
- Knowledgeable about one or more game-development domains, such as graphics, audio, or hardware.
- Experience of game-development tools and middleware.
- Experience of game/application development for consoles.
- Makes decisions requiring interpretation typically made within the confines of business plans or objectives established by management.
- Works independently with minimal supervision.
- No budget or sign-off responsibility.
- Performs some analysis in researching problems and selects the best solution(s) from several alternatives, precedents, or guidelines that bear directly on the problem.
- Has a direct effect on audience experience, having the opportunity to significantly enhance developer productivity through high-quality technical information.