Our Client is looking for a Senior Manager who will lead multiple software teams building a full-stack, state-of-the-art platform to support our client’s current and future businesses. Senior Manager will have the opportunity to lead teams spanning the technology spectrum (Server-less architecture, ML, predictive analytics, computer vision, cloud computing, NoSQL, and much more). Senior Manager’s teams will create software that evaluates, repairs, routes, prices, lists, liquidates, and sells millions of products daily across the globe.
The right candidate will lead multiple tech teams in a tech org that has fun at work, cares about balancing delivery and engineering excellence, and is focused on people, the planet and the bottom line. You will work closely with our client’s business partners and have a seat at the table. You will be able to influence strategic business and technical direction in an environment built on trust, respect, and transparency.
- 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 3+ years people management experience
- Experience with OOD and object oriented languages
- Experience working closely with business partners
- Experience with AWS technologies like S3, EC2, SQS, SWF
- Experience with distributed, large-scale, highly-available systems
- Positive attitude and commitment to sustainability
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience with MapReduce frameworks such as Hadoop
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience with building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
- Master’s degree in computer science
- A willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done.
- A good understanding of SDLC models and a track record of shipping software efficiently. You recognize the difference between building software and shipping software.
- Customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet timelines with optimal solutions.
- A track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
- Deep hands-on technical expertise, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sharp analytical abilities and design skills
- Object Oriented Design and familiarity with application and database programming under UNIX/Linux.
- Experience with Agile (SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO modeling, web services, UNIX, middleware, database and data mining systems
- Demonstrated understanding of business drivers and ability to work in close partnership with business owners
- Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues