Our Client is looking for a technology leader who will lead a team of TPMs managing a portfolio of large programs. Principal Tech PM will be responsible for defining and delivering programs with significant complexity that have broad cross-organizational, global, and technology impact. You will operate with complete independence and will help shape our client’s business and architectural strategy.
As a Principal Tech PM, you will partner with all levels of leadership to build consensus. You will influence our client’s organization priorities, system owners, business, and technology direction. You will manage cross-functional communication to ensure all stakeholders are informed and needs aligned. You will deliver solutions that meet our Client’s high standards for customer satisfaction, efficiency, stability, extensibility, simplicity, and operational excellence.
- 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 3+ years people management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience with OOD and object oriented languages
- Experience working closely with business partners
- Experience with AWS technologies like S3, EC2, SQS, SWF
- Experience with distributed, large-scale, highly-available systems
- Positive attitude and commitment to sustainability
- Experience with MapReduce frameworks such as Hadoop
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience with building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
- Master’s degree in computer science
- A willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done.
- A good understanding of SDLC models and a track record of shipping software efficiently. You recognize the difference between building software and shipping software.
- Customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet timelines with optimal solutions.
- A track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
- Deep hands-on technical expertise, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sharp analytical abilities and design skills
- Object Oriented Design and familiarity with application and database programming under UNIX/Linux.
- Experience with Agile (SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO modeling, web services, UNIX, middleware, database and data mining systems
- Demonstrated understanding of business drivers and ability to work in close partnership with business owners
- Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues