Our client operates Southeast Asia’s leading ride-hailing platform. Their product solves critical transportation challenges to make transport freedom a reality for 620 million people in Southeast Asia. The client began as a taxi-hailing app in 2012, but has extended its product platform to include private car services, motorcycle taxis, social carpooling, and last mile delivery, and ride-sharing.
Offering services in Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam, our client’s core product platform includes commuting solutions for drivers and passengers with an emphasis on convenience, safety and reliability, as well as its proprietary mobile payments platform.
Every day, millions of users across Southeast Asia rely on us here to get them from point A to point B in the fastest and most efficient way possible. Working quietly behind the scenes to make this possible is our highly-dedicated team of Systems Engineers who deal with millions of real time requests from both our passengers and drivers each day.
As a Systems Engineer you will be exposed to large scale real-time operations daily. Your job will be to optimize our current systems to make it better, faster and safer than before. On top of that, you will also be working on interesting projects with various teams across the business to explore new ways to improve and outdo our existing capabilities, by utilizing state of the art technologies & tools.
- Identify and resolve problems relating to critical service operations and to prevent their recurrence using different methods of automation
- Be involved in the design and subsequent implementation of software and service infrastructure
- Be involved in incident management daily
- Help improve reliability, stability and tackle scalability challenges with engineering teams
- Together with the engineering and support team, participate in on-call rotations and be an escalation contact for service incidents
- Mentor other engineers, define our technical culture, and help build a fast-growing team
- Preferably a degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology or related fields
- 2 years of relevant experience with managing cloud infrastructure and services.
- Possess a solid understanding of the Linux or FreeBSD/OpenBSD family of Operating Systems and their underlying components
- Possess a solid understanding of the OSI networking model
- Possess analytical skills, mental resiliency and the ability to think systematically under stressful conditions
- Highly accountable and takes ownership. Outstanding work ethic, high-integrity, team player, and a lifelong learner
- Experience in one or more of: C, C++, Java, Perl, Python, Go, or scripting experience in Shell
Nice to Have:
- Experience with cloud computing technologies from vendors such as Amazon Web Services, Google Compute Engine, Digital Ocean
- Configuration management tool experience such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet or SaltStack
- Experience with continuous integration and/or continuous deployment
- Experience with hardening systems and knowledge in information security
- Contributes to open source project
- Experience with performance analysis and debugging tools